Recycled polyester fabrics for a clean ocean

Our recycled polyester fabrics use SEAQUAL® YARN, a high-quality 100% post-consumer recycled yarn made of ocean waste transformed into Upcycled Marine Plastic with full traceability.

Responsible fabrics


SEAQUAL® YARN is almost identical in physical properties to virgin polyester and contains approximately 10% Upcycled Marine Plastic (from plastic marine litter). The remaining 90% is post-consumer PET from land sources.

Approximately 10% of the material used in the fabrics comes from the ocean.

SEAQUAL® YARN contains a ‘DNA tracer’ for the presence of Upcycled Marine Plastic.

What are the benefits of SEAQUAL® YARN fabrics?

Polyester fabrics made with SEAQUAL® YARN contribute to cleaner oceans, preservation of natural resources and re-use post-consumer plastic waste.

Responsible production process

Fabrics made with SEAQUAL® YARN are made thanks to a circular and regenerative production system with full traceability along the supply chain.

seaqual yarn production process

The SEAQUAL INITIATIVE is a unique collaborative community fighting plastic pollution.

Fabrics made with SEAQUAL® YARN are available exclusively to SEAQUAL® INITIATIVE licensees.

Santanderina Group supports the SEAQUAL INITIATIVE

Official certification

Want to know more?

If you are interested in this Textil Santanderina product, please get in touch with us.


Other textile solutions


Circular, upcycled and 100% sustainable