Ongoing R&D projects

Textil Santanderina is committed to continuous improvement and constant innovation. That is why the company is constantly developing new textile solutions and processes to achieve the goal of creating value to the entire production chain. Textil Santanderina participate in numerous R&D projects developed at national and international level.

Better processes

Industrial Investment Project A more sustainable production chain.

This project addresses a set of investments in several parts of the spinning and weaving production chain, which will represent an improvement in the energy efficiency of the company, reducing the total energy consumption of the process by 103.47 tep/year.

WITH THE SUPPORT OF:

simca Remote monitoring and control system in real time.

The SIMCA Project consists of a pioneering development in the textile sector: a real-time remote monitoring and control system for chemical and synthetic fibers. It is based on a deeper analysis of the production process, combining intra and inter-company analysis in real time. This improves quality and allows an overall reduction in defects.

WITH THE SUPPORT OF:

Sicabar Advanced internal logistics localisation solutions.

The main aim of the project is to study and validate an innovative Integrated Solution for Warehouse Control and Asset Marking, as well as the development and pilot validation of advanced internal logistics localisation solutions for integrated textile manufacturing processes.

WITH THE SUPPORT OF:

Better solutions

Radioprotech New shielding fabrics against ionizing radiation.

RADIOPROTECH develops new shielding fabrics against Ionizing Radiation, such as high power radiation sources (X-rays, Gamma and neutron radiation).
The new fabrics have to fulfil requirements of breathability, water repellency and ignifugation, as well as Ionizing Radiation shielding. The potential uses of these fabrics as PPE are nuclear energy plants, nuclear waste management and medical environment exposed to radiation sources.

WITH THE SUPPORT OF:

Grafentex Fire resistant technical textiles with graphene.

CTC and Textil Santanderina take part in an innovation project based on the optimisation of graphene production and its application in the fire resistant technical textile. The project will make it possible to produce fire resistant textiles with a low environmental impact and high performance to Textil Santanderina, and will reinforce the European leadership of the Cantabrian company in the technical textile sector.

WITH THE SUPPORT OF:

Fiberproof Fabrics resistant to fibrillation.

Fiberproof is focused on bringing to market a new range of fabrics resistant to fibrillation (one of the most influential factors in the loss of quality of garments once they reach the consumer). In parallel, fiberproof developments will achieve a reduction in the consumption of resources needed to manufacture those fabrics. This will allow products to be launched on the market with higher quality and lower cost, leading to significant savings in water consumption, energy, CO2 and time.

WITH THE SUPPORT OF:

Wondrous® Highly luminous technical fabric.

This is a highly luminous technical fabric which maintains its high-visibility properties after 30 washes and which also shows long-lasting phosphorescence. It is the result of a research project carried out together with the University of Cantabria. The research project was cofunded by the Regional Ministry of Industry and Innovation, through the INNOVA program (INNPULSA 2012-2015). Ref. 2014/INN/013.

WITH THE SUPPORT OF:

field New antistatic fabrics (ESD) and electrically conductive fabrics.

FIELD (Fabric Improved against ELectrostatic Discharge) is a R&D project that will allow Techs to obtain new antistatic fabrics (ESD) and electrically conductive fabrics for both Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and technical applications.
Techstatic is an antistatic fabric resulting from an R&D project with 98% recycled polyester in its manufacturing and resistance to 30 industrial washes, making it far superior to the competition.

WITH THE SUPPORT OF:

Seaqual Initiative Polyester fabrics containing Upcycled Marine Plastic.

Textil Santanderina impulsed Seaqual Initiative project to manufacture recycled polyester from plastic taken from the sea.
SEAQUAL INITIATIVE works with the waste management and recycling industries to transform marine litter into Upcycled Marine Plastic. SEAQUAL® YARN contains approximately 10% Upcycled Marine Plastic (from plastic marine litter), the remaining 90% is post-consumer PET from land sources.

WITH THE SUPPORT OF:

Share

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on email
Share on whatsapp

Want to know more?

If you are interested in R&D projects by Textil Santanderina, please get in touch with us.